What Does the I-CAR Gold Class Designation Mean?
The vehicles we drive have grown increasingly complicated in their features and technologies. Today, the average vehicle has thousands of functional components, tens of thousands of parts, and a mix of advanced lightweight materials.
Properly repairing such a vehicle after a collision now requires a team of highly trained specialists. Up-to-date training is essential, since vehicle designs and recommended repair procedures cha
nge faster now than ever before. And no two vehicles will follow the same repair plan.
When you see the I-CAR Gold Class symbol, you can be confident that the shop:
- Trains every technician involved in collision repair every year so that anyone who touches your car understands new vehicle technologies and repair procedures
- Trains experts representing each of the four key collision repair roles of Estimator, Non-Structural Technician, Steel Structural Technician and Refinish Technician
When your car has been in a collision, getting it repaired properly is critical for your family’s safety and your peace of mind. But how do you know if a shop has the up-to-date knowledge to repair your vehicle safely?
The Gold Class designation lets you know a collision repair shop has trained technicians who know how to repair your vehicle properly. Approximately 10% of collision repair shops currently complete the rigorous training requirements needed to meet the Gold Class standard. Businesses that earn Gold Class status are proud of their accomplishment and will typically display the Gold Class logo prominently in their shop and on their website to help you identify them as highly trained repair facilities.
As vehicles incorporate more and more new materials and new technologies, current training has become increasingly important for proper repairs. Gold Class shops are trained to know:
- How to make the right decisions for a safe repair
- How to find hidden damage others may not see
- The latest repair procedures and technologies
- Which parts to repair and which to replace
Collision Pros is an I-CAR Gold Class shop. You can trust our knowledgeable experts to provide you with the highest-quality, most up-to-date repair. Call us at (210) 590-2020 or use our convenient online appointment form.